Stainless steel, with its long service life and 100% recyclability, has become an excellent environmental performer. It contains valuable raw materials like nickel and chromium, making it highly desirable in the recycling industry. At Action Metal Recyclers, we specialise in recycling stainless steel, offering competitive prices and unparalleled service. Here’s why you should choose us for your stainless steel recycling needs.
What Stainless Steel Grades Do We Recycle?
We primarily recycle stainless steel grades 304 and 316. These grades are commonly found in household appliances, cooking equipment, tubes, bars, rails, sheets, and plates. Stainless 304 comprises iron, chromium, and nickel, while 316 is alloyed with molybdenum, attracting a higher price. If you’re unsure about the type of stainless steel you have, our expert Scrap Buyers can provide an accurate quote.
Why Action Metal Recyclers?
Choosing Action Metal Recyclers for your stainless steel recycling needs comes with several benefits:
- Competitive Prices: We offer a range of different prices for various types of stainless steel scrap, ensuring you get the best value for your materials.
- Friendly and Approachable Staff: Our team is here to assist you with all your questions and provide a smooth recycling experience.
- Multiple Sites Across Queensland: With several locations, we make it convenient for you to drop off your stainless steel scrap.
- Flexible Payment Options: We provide payment through Cash, Cheque, and EFT, offering flexibility to suit your preferences.
- Australian Owned Company: As a privately-owned Australian company with over 50 years of experience, we have a deep understanding of the scrap metal and waste industry.
Types of Stainless Steel We Handle
- Stainless Steel Domestic (Stainless 304): Mainly used in corrosion-resistant electrical enclosures, auto moulding, kitchen equipment, storage tanks, and more.
- Stainless Steel 316: Commonly used in industrial applications, coastal regions, and the manufacture of medical surgical instruments.
- Stainless Steel Turnings: Clean stainless steel containing a minimum of 7% nickel and 16% chrome.
Prohibited and Dangerous Scrap
We adhere to strict guidelines to ensure the health, safety, and environmental compliance of our recycling process. If you’re uncertain about whether certain scrap is prohibited, our weighbridge office can assist you.
Why is Recycling Important?
Recycling stainless steel contributes to:
- Preserving Resources: By recycling, we conserve valuable raw materials like nickel and chromium.
- Reducing Emissions: Recycling stainless steel helps in minimising harmful emissions.
- Managing Energy Consumption and Conservation: The recycling process is more energy-efficient compared to producing new stainless steel.
- Economic Development: Recycling stimulates economic growth by creating jobs and reducing costs.
Recycle Stainless Steel With Us
At Action Metal Recyclers, we are committed to providing top-notch stainless steel recycling services. Our competitive prices, friendly staff, multiple locations, and extensive experience make us the go-to choice for individuals and businesses alike. Whether you have stainless steel from household appliances or industrial applications, we are here to assist you in recycling responsibly and profitably. Contact us today to request a quote or drop into one of our sites.
Stay Updated With Action Metal Recyclers
Would you like to stay updated on the latest news from the scrap metal recycling professionals at Action Metal Recyclers? Follow us on Facebook or Instagram. You can also click here to browse our latest blog articles on scrap metal recycling on our website.